The Design tool is mainly used to design slabs, rafts, beams. This tool supports:
- ACI, EN, ECP building codes.
- Different slab design methods (basic and additional reinforcement mesh, strip design, and multiple strip design).
- Punching check for regular and irregular columns’ cross section with or without warping effects.
- Deflection check even for irregular spans.
- Easy design for beams
- Works as post-processor for all PLPAK packages
- Save designs
- All designs and reinforcement details could be automatically exported to ACAD or Revit environment.
- Export calculation sheets and Auto CAD drawings
- Import and export DXF, text and Excel files
Features and Capabilities
- The design tool can be invoked in the [ Single-Floor (Basic) Package ], or the [ Advanced-Single Floor (Foundation) Package ] via PLCoreMan or from the [ Multiple-Floor (Fixed Base) Package ] via tall building wizard by choosing a certain floor then choosing the PLDesign button.
The user have many options to design slabs, these options are according to the purpose of design or what are the details that user need from PLDesign:
- The user should define design parameter, Load case/combination, material units, bar diameter and number of bars, then press calculate. Hence the PLDesign calculates the mesh moment of resistance.
- The safe zones for the basic reinforcement, and areas that need additional reinforcement are displayed. Additional areas can be created.